Thursday, December 29, 2011

Making Progress

The week before my birthday on Dec. 14th I decided to quit my only job, which was part-time and causing me emotional and physical pain. I didn't have another job in place and knew I was going to lose my excellent benefits, but it was still not worth it to me too stay any longer. However, in doing this I was walking by faith and not by sight, and God came to my rescue because of my faith. In my last week on my job I interviewed for another position that was full-time with another company. That same week I got word that I was hired, and started Dec.20th. God is truly good. I am so thankful for this opportunity, so now I can move forward toward my goal of obtaining my own place. My dear friend and fellow former post-bac student has an interview in January at UIC, and I am claiming it for her that she will be accepted for the c/o 2012. I will be right behind her in the medical school c/o 2013 or 2014 depending on what I get accomplished and when in 2012, but my goal is still the same to attend medical school despite the odds. I just have to continue walking by faith and not by sight, judge not by appearances, and take risks.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! God ALWAYS comes through when we place our faith in Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just say that I think you and many other people are such great and inspiring individuals for pursuing medicine. Hey I think it is really cool how you want to pursue your dream of becoming a doctor. Haha I am not a non-traditional student though just a regular college kid. Although I would say that we are roughly on the same boat since we both have the desire to be doctors and are underrepresented minorities who are females. Do you have any advice or words of wisdom when it comes to some ways of preparing for the MCAT since you took it not long ago? I mean I plan on taking it in the summer. If not, then do you know of anyone I can talk to who may be able to give me some advice? Haha thank you very much for your time and best of luck to you :) Keep pushing through no matter what!

    oh and my e-mail is tnwachuk@radar.gsw.edu

    ReplyDelete