Tuesday, October 11, 2011

God Works in Mysterious Ways

Today I had an interview for a job position that I thought sounded like it would be perfect for me. I would be working as an autotransfusionist under Specialty Care, Inc., which they would train me to do. I would work in the OR at 4 different hospitals, and be on call. I thought this exposure would be exactly what I needed, and the experience would benefit me when I am in medical school and residency. However, during the interview after I answered his questions about myself the interviewer basically spent half of the time dissuading me from pursuing the position, and encouraging me to not put off medical school. If  I had decided to take the position I would be required to work for 2 years. He told me how much the position is grueling, and how the surgeons especially will look down on those in this position. I was so touched by his genuine honesty and encouragement. More-so because he was once himself like me.  I learned that he was pre-med too, and put his dream off and regrets it to this day. He did the autotransfusionist position and after working in that position was promoted to his current position as hiring manager. He feels that I am a better candidate than he ever was for medical school, so I should pursue it and not put it off for a few years to work. He told me that he knows I am going to be a doctor because he can see it in the answers I provided, and in my experiences listed on my resume. I was touched. I believe everything happens for a reason, and to think I was dragging my feet to go for this interview(my second this week).God works in mysterious ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment