Thursday, October 6, 2011

Renewed

I am a huge Apple fan(I have a Mac Book Pro, Ipod Nano, and plan to get the Ipad 3 next year), and was devastated by the passing of Steve Jobs. However, it is in his passing that I have discovered his amazing commencement speech giving in 2005 at Stanford University due to a great medical student blogger. What stuck with me the most was connecting the dots of our past "bad" experiences that make up our big picture.  We are usually upset and mad at having "failed" at something, but when we look back over it in retrospect it was usually for our good and part of the big picture. However, we can't look at current "bad" experiences or "failures" and project into the future what we think will come of it. We can only look back and discover how those experiences helped to contribute to our big picture/ goal/ dream. An exercise that I did that is posted on her blog is I wrote out all of my "bad" experiences or "failures," and then wrote what good came from them and how they helped me to get to this point.  It truly works. I did this and now I feel renewed. It is still too early and fresh for me to look at my MCAT score and wonder why did this happen, but I will trust that it happened for a reason that is part of my big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment